13 February 2014
The Federal Member for Bennelong, John Alexander, has accepted an invitation to become chairman of the Sydney Airport Community Forum.
Mr Alexander said he is dedicated to working through airport related issues that affect Sydney residents, particularly those within Bennelong.
“There is considerable community interest regarding airport related matters and I am confident that strengthening ties with Sydney Airport and aviation authorities will allow this forum to address issues that concern Bennelong constituents and residents across greater Sydney.
“This is a fantastic opportunity to create a constructive dialogue with the airport, the community and industry stakeholders,” said Mr Alexander.
In addition to the Sydney Airport Community Forum, John Alexander sits on five other parliamentary committees:
- Chair, Parliamentary Committee on Tax and Revenue
- Chair, Coalition Policy Committee on Infrastructure and Regional Development
- Chair, Coalition Policy Committee on Tourism
- Chair, Parliamentary Friends of Medicines
- Chair, Parliamentary Friends of Rail“I am committed to ensuring active and constructive outcomes from each of the committees I’m involved with – my priority is always looking after the people of Bennelong,” said Mr Alexander.